Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Hey Professional world! I am coming.

Yeah! the first air-journey was more pleasant than what I thought of... The idea of getting in Kingfisher Airlines paid off fully ;) It was a bit more than 2 hours journey, with skies below me most of the time... And how true are all those guys who say, There are hindi oldies for every moment.. for this time, I had, "Aj main upar, asmaan niche.." Took rain along with me from bhopal to bangalore.. Reached bangalore at 8:10 pm... Then waited for baggage, and alas! the very bag I bought two days ago only for this journey got its trolley broken due to malhandling... I got 250 bucks as compensation from those guys... Bangalore was a new place for me before getting down two days back. The city has amazing weather, its like the whole city has been air conditioned. It has all the best features except the two things: 1. Traffic 2. Auto-richshaws... A friend of mine, Prashant, had come down to the airport. Went to his place which was a nice hotel bedroom. Next day, sunday, was free and I was planning to search for home, but planned a rest later, and then, successfully implemented the plan. Now, I was on the heels of Monday, a new and a big day for me.

oh! I woke up at 6 on the first day. Believe it or not, how far you try, you can't remove the eagerness part from the things you do for the first time in your life. Got a direct bus to the office (Thanks to Chandrashekhar!, He is a part of Capital One only and I found him residing very near to my place, so came with him only for the first day). I was the first one to reach the office among the new entrants. Office looks made me happy till the deep inside self. Oh yes! this seems a great place, and How lovely are the people? Can anyone ask better work environment? No doubt, why I don't have any single example of any student from my college who joined Capital One and left for some other company in the last 3 years... Mainly, that's because of the work environment and amazing people's interaction. We had a meeting with almost all of the office people.. There is this nice trend of 'meet and greet' here for every new entrant which is a meeting of every new person with all of the staff and a normal introduction is followed by variable length discussion depending on your mutual interests, or it may be anything.

I have met and greeted some of the people and many are due :) All these sessions are great and one can get a lot of things to learn from each individual. Anyways, next few weeks will be spent in training sessions and understanding basics, and then, a full fledged professional is coming. All earlier people, beware! :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home