Thursday, November 01, 2007

Birthday problem & non-veg treat

I was born 2 days earlier than what Indian government thinks. This different view of govt. records has given me some advantages and some disadvantages also. Birthday wishes get distributed over a week, family people, close friends know the exact date; Formal friends (friends made formally) wish as per govt. records and I keep on getting them for a week from those who get confused over this issue. Another advantage, I have heard from people will be at time of my retirement. I'll have to work only for one day (and I'll turn 58/60/65), and 'll get full salary (if I am employed at that time). Another advantage: Haryana (my native state) was made on same day and every year, we had holiday. Currently, I am working at Bangalore, and to my luck, Karnataka was also formed on the same day and the holiday is still with me.

November 1, 2007 Today, on the occasion of turning 23 officially, treated few friends and this was the worst dinner for me in my life. The person who had never touched non-vegetarian (to the best of his knowledge) ate "Fish Tikka" very sincerely thinking it "Paneer Tikka" and after having half piece that went some 1 feet down the throat, a friend told, "Dude! this is fish."
Aur jaise pairon tale se jameen khisak gayi ho..... Kash wo majaak kar raha ho....But nothing of that was true... It was fish. And I was hating me for sometime for not having confirmed before eating, hating friends who ordered that for not making sure others were not having that.

However, one side of me is still not relaxed and cursing me feeling guilty of myself, while another one is taking it chill. I am trying to listen to the latter one, but still trying, not able to convince the former one fully. One thing is sure I have to take extra care from next time onwards. But what should it be, I am still thinking: Should I only go to pure veg restaurants? Should I only go with veggies? or some thing else.... Now I am thinking only one thing, "Kash usne na hi bataya hota?"

Disclaimer: This information is purely personal and not meant to hurt anyone's feelings. I am not against non-veggies but non-veg, but no intention of having a discussion on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home