Sunday, January 13, 2008

Life in 2008

Something which I used to like the most at IIT-times was weekend. There was a lot to do, watching movies with friends, going to mess with friends, do a lot of meaningless chatting with friends. The underlying thing here is ‘friends’. I can understand the importance of Aristotle’s saying, “Man is a social animal.” There’s nothing to do here, on the weekends, yup.. except sleeping, and generating a lot of business for Airtel. I slept for around 13-14 hours yesterday, though nowhere near my own records, which is around total sleep-time in all weekdays.

CAT also showed its teeth to me, by not giving any calls. I felt I had done better than last time, and was definitely expecting a call from Bangalore, to be honest, but results didn’t match my feelings. Got 99.38, 34 percentage points lower than last year. May be they are only interested in calling outside people and kicked me because I was in Bangalore anyways. May be they didn’t like the hand-writing. I am just making fun of my results, and that’s also because I have nothing to do and no-one else also to make fun of. I wasn’t disappointed a lot though, because I am doing good in my job. Work is good, people are great, and definitely one of the best environments to work in. Probably, our liking to something depends on a lot many external factors, one of which is whether there is something else worth liking nearby. :) (No doubts why there are a lot of post love-marriage issues among couples.)

What else going on in life now? Ummmmmm…. Yup.. 1 lac investment deadline. Company has given the deadline of submitting proof of 1 lac investment by January end. The news came after my December salary was totally gone into others purses, where I don’t have access. Now, the famous tried and tested formula ‘Jugad’ is being worked on. I am sure I’ll work something out, and I have heard Udham singh saying, “Hope drives the universe.

Was on a two week long vacation to home, came back on last Sunday. Office welcomed me with a lot of work in 2008. I am happy that most of it is done. So, last few days went in work and nights went in understanding mutual fund basics, where to invest etc. My 2008 resolution will be to have a balanced life, be regular in writing, do a good work, to pain my friends and help as much as possible to the society.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yatish said...

keep writing ashok ..be regular with blogging and for CAT and all that,Udham Singh says "Some things are never in ur hands" ..so lite

Friday, January 18, 2008 12:25:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ailaa !! 99.38 percentile..kamaal hain
Hopes MFs basics samajh aa gaye honge..arey investment proof ka jugad jo karna hain :)
Resolutions :
To have a balanced life... ***
Be regular in writing.......*
Do a good work.............**
To pain my friends.........*****
Help as much as possible to the society....................****

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 2:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home