Thursday, April 03, 2008

UK trip and vacation

I am back from UK trip and a week long holiday pack after that, to bangalore now (back to work). The VISA arrived on Monday evening and I along with Sanjay, a colleague of mine, left on (11/03/2008) Tuesday morning @7am. They (UK team) had arranged a team-dinner there to welcome us. A slight ignorance on their part that we both were vegetarians literally made me search for a couple of vegetarian items in a menu of some 200 items. My first dinner was a bowl of rice, some veg rolls, and three glass juices.
The trip was short, and we knew it'll be busy. It truly met our expectations. A trip-agenda was already prepared for us with a lot of meetings, and I added some more meetings, with people from different groups across all businesses. It helped a lot, though was tiring at times there. Then there was a 2 day training on SAS. It was a good training, a lot better than the one I had in the earlier trip.
Weather was very cold in UK, even though winters were about to end. Winds with around 30-60 miles per hour were enough to make your body chilled. Mornings were around 5-10 degrees, noon was around 15 and cool evenings gave way again to the next cooler mornings. I didn't go out much, preferred to stay at my room. The city of RobinHood, Notthingham, is a small city, and I had roamed around the place last time I went there. Ordered food in Hotel every day and watched documentaries. Went around the city on the one weekend I had there.
Came back from London to Delhi on 22nd March 08, just before the colorful fest of Holi. Everyone was there at home this time. My sisters had come from their in-laws' places. Full week went into sleeping, meeting neighbours, friends etc. I dont know why time moves so fast when I am at home...? I do feel bored sometimes at home, but it lasts only for a while, and its because of not much work for me to do there. I'm sure I'll love working in NCR. But sadly, Capital One doesn't have their office there, and there's no other company I can find like this one there. Enjoyed the stay at home and came back on 31st Morning to Bangalore to join office.

They say the world is constantly changing. It's a pure lie. I found it exactly same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home