Sunday, January 18, 2009

A new visit and CAT '08

January 18, 2009, Nottingham.. This is 4th time I've come to UK since July 07. But this one is quite different to previous visits. There is no excitement for a foreign visit as was the case when I was traveling first time.

I do not see/feel any change in my schedule. "Jaidev-Jaidev", the very special Marathi Aarti of Lord Ganesha, has given a very known start to the day. I just prepared a cup of tea, and now, replying to emails, reading news. The trio of Kishore Kumar, Mohammad Rafi and Lata have begun their daily singing practice in background. Now, I can see loads of official work that needs to be finished by today. It just seems like any other day at Bangalore.

There are some climatic differences though. Last evening when we reached here at Nottingham, UK at around 5 pm, mercury was close to 3-4. And with rains making it worse, i'm sure it would have touched sub-zero in the night. The calm sunday is indicating a busy week ahead - as it always does. The week will start with a two day training mixed with a very crucial meeting on Monday. Wed and Thu will also have their fair share of meetings and I'll be leaving on Friday to New Delhi.

Indira Gandhi Airport, New Delhi - This is the airport I love the most. No scientific reasons for proving it the best, it's not!!! I love it as a gateway to my heaven - the home where my parents stay. I am off from office for a week, and shall be meeting a lot of friends, relatives. I'll also meet the princial of Halwasiya Vidya Vihar, Bhiwani on January 28, 2009 for a proposal to open the Alumni association.

-----------
CAT 2008 - Lady luck has always favoured me, and she may not have a choice also as she can't go against wishes, blessings of so many kind people around me. 2009 gave me a perfect start. While the foundation was laid on November 16, 2008 (the exam day), January 9, 2009 was the perfect day for the inauguration. I was talking to the most lovely friend of mine along with checking the results page. After inputing some numbers, the screen told me I got 6 calls (BLACKI) - giving me one of the happiest moments. Normally, I'm a very calm/balanced person and don't rejoice much at good times, also I don't cry at bad times. That's why sharing one of the very few moments when I was extremely happy with an awesome friend felt great and we kept on talking for hours. I called home at 1:30 in night and I could hear my parents' happiness clearly. Later in the day, received calls and warm wishes from all those kind people whose blessings made the result possible.

Another crucial presentation was waiting for me in the day and that was also received very well by stakeholders, ending my commitment to my previous work team. I've moved to a new team now and this UK trip is essentially for starting new work, meeting new team.

2 Comments:

Blogger Siddharth Chaudhari said...

Congratulations! Hope to see you on campus soon :)

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger Caladrius said...

It was great to see your picture right in the beginning of the Aditya Birla Scholars in the newspaper today. Congrats!

Thursday, October 01, 2009 10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home