Monday, September 27, 2010

Details needed for Your Model Teacher

A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others.
- Unknown

Parents give birth to child and society modifies the child to an adult. Teachers play the most important role in this modification process. Teachers don't have any role in growth of body, they help it develop, make this adult worth being called a human being. And that's the precise reason why a teacher (Guru) has been put up before The God himself.

Guru govind dou khare, kaake lagu pai
Balihari Guru apno, jin govind diyo milai

Meaning Teacher and God, if both are in front of me, who should I bow to and touch feet? Then I realize that I am more indebted to my teacher who is the one who paved the way for my meeting with God.

Personally, I feel happy and proud both to have received so many great teachers in my life and I continue to get teachings from them. I am blessed. I really love all of them from bottom of my heart. And I consider myself perfect composition of their blessings and good wishes. I am thankful to the Almighty for giving me undoubtedly the best teachers in the world. Shri Ghananand Shastri and Smt. Madhu Tanwar (at Halwasiya Vidya Vihar, Bhiwani), Prof. V. M. Gadre and Prof. C.D.Sebastian (at IIT Bombay), Prof. Ajay Pandey, Prof. Sebestian Morris, Prof. Anil Gupta, Prof. Deepti Bhatnagar (at IIM Ahmedabad) are just a few of those teachers who inspired me and have impacted my life significantly.

I am trying to get in touch with all great teachers of India and prepare a database of them. I shall seek their ideas / suggestions to figure out value gaps in education system of India at various levels and hopefully come up with some solutions, suggestions for policy changes.

Could you send a brief write-up about the Teacher (primary, secondary, higher secondary, college / university etc.) who inspired you, who has put life in teaching – Who according to you is a model teacher.

I request you to send me this paragraph dedicated to your teacher (along with his / her contact details, if possible) at following address (9ashokb@iimahd.ernet.in).
----------------------------

Ashok Kumar Bhardwaj is a second year PGP student of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. Having done post-graduation from IIT Bombay, he worked with Capital One Services (India) Pvt. Ltd. for around 2 years before joining IIM Ahmedabad. He can be reached at following address:
Ashok Kumar Bhardwaj,
Dorm 17, Room 27,
IIM Ahmedabad,
Ahmedabad (Gujarat)-122001
Email: 9ashokb@iimahd.ernet.in
Phone: +91-9510214773

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home