Monday, October 19, 2009

Life changed in last few months

I am back here after a long while, and it feels like being at home after a long journey, a real long one. Winters had a lot of IIM interviews scheduled for me. And I did well in most of them converting 5 of 6 calls. Spring passed by ending my career at Capital One. And it ended with a trip to UK, my fifth one in past 2 years. Leaving Capital One has left a huge void, not because I am obsessed with work or I was being paid truck load of money, but because of people. Having studied at the one of the most premier technological institutes of India (IIT Bombay), currently studying at (arguably) the best Indian management school (IIM Ahmedabad), and having a lot of friends in various organizations – comparing with them, I am sure Capital One’s real assets were not on its balance sheets. They were people. Memories of Capital One are too big to fit in this blog of mine. Left the organization on May 31, 2009.
Joining date for IIMA was June 22, 2009. And the last few days, I was like a bird out of cage after 23 years and who knows that it’ll be back in a stronger cage after few days… This bird flew high and high in the skies and spent a lot of life in those 3 weeks. I went to Goa for a 3-day trip with Rahul, Manoj, Kush and Ekta. There were not many expectations from the trip because of summers, but it was a fabulous one. Meeting good childhood friends after a long time is always special. The whole elapsed time duration of so many years was like nothing. I felt that I just met them yesterday. I am not doing justice to the trip by putting a full stop here but there are so many things.
Then there was another memorable trip: Dehradoon, Mussorie, Dhanaulti, Rishikesh, Neelkanth. Kush, Nikhil and Parul shared this trip. This is another gem of my life which I’ll elaborate at some other day.
Actually, now I am realizing that changes in life in past few months are too big to be captured by this blog, so in wake of limited time, am leaving the story. As things stand, I am moving with time, standing at IIM Ahmedabad with summer internship 2 weeks ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home